The mission of Mountain Heights Academy is to provide a flexible, student-centered educational experience that facilitates learning, and nurtures students to become critical thinkers, effective communicators and productive citizens.
G – Goal Setters!
Students will develop educational, vocational, and personal goals and create plans to achieve them.
- Students create a graduation plan with academic advisement.
- Students develop a post graduation plan.
- Students generate personal and social plans to demonstrate self direction.
P – Proactive, Self Directed Learners!
Students will be persistent and resourceful in making decisions and becoming self-directed, life-long learners.
- Students will be able to access information from a variety of resources
- Students demonstrate perseverance through regular course completion.
- Students work independently and seek help when necessary.
A – Academic Achievers!
Students will demonstrate positive academic achievement through credit production of standards based curriculum and data driven assessments that leads to graduation and college/career readiness.
- Students use standardized curriculum guide sheets for all courses.
- Students take credit and benchmark tests for all core courses.
- Students maintain a working knowledge of academic progress