On February 1, 2016, Mountain Heights Academy was awarded a SIX-YEAR accreditation with a 1-DAY mid-term visit by the Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS)--Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) valid through June 30, 2022.
ACCREDITING COMMISSION FOR SCHOOLS WESTERN ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES For Mountain Heights Academy
Student Learner Outcomes
G – Goal Setters!
Students will develop educational, vocational, and personal goals and create plans to achieve them.
- Students create a graduation plan with academic advisement.
- Students develop a post-graduation plan.
- Students generate personal and social plans to demonstrate self-direction.
P – Proactive, Self-Directed Learners!
Students will be persistent and resourceful in making decisions and becoming self-directed, life-long learners.
- Students will be able to access information from a variety of resources
- Students demonstrate perseverance through regular course completion.
- Students work independently and seek help when necessary.
A – Academic Achievers!
Students will demonstrate positive academic achievement through credit production of standards-based curriculum and data-driven assessments that lead to graduation and college/career readiness.
- Students use standardized curriculum guide sheets for all courses.
- Students take credit and benchmark tests for all core courses.
- Students maintain a working knowledge of academic progress